Printing error in Table to PDF file

I have a workflow generating a pdf through a Table to PDF node, including the companion Data to Report node. This is a BIRT report. The data is from a CSV Reader (Lab) node.

When building the BIRT report, this seems to go fine, and when using the View Report-window, the report is generated according to plan when choosing View Report as PDF option. However, when executing the workflow, the pdf-file generated does not produce a readable result. The result looks like this:

I have several variations of this workflow with these nodes in, however, tried to delete those not in use in case of interference.

Any idea how to fix this?

Hello @Karstein,

generated PDF that does not produce readable result is from Table to PDF node, right? How many columns do you have as it seems from image there are many and column width is then just equally distributed…

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ipazin
Yes exactly. In the Layout-page there is one Grid with 5 columns, and one below with 3 columns. The Master Page has a Grid with two columns. See picture below of the Layout page:

The View Report function with View Report as PDF looks ok, like this:

Some names are blacked out in the picture.

Thanks,
Karstein

Hello @Karstein,

Table to PDF node is not in interaction with Reporting extension. It simply creates report (table) from input data. What is your goal?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Goal is to make a report - as the one given in View Report window - based on the loaded data. What should I do? How do I interact with the Reporting extension?

This is how the workflow looks like:

Hello @Karstein,

as said those are not related and won’t work. What is your goal/idea? How should your workflow/process look like?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Ok thanks. Did not realize.
Will use the row in the CSV file to draft the report. Workflow like this (I thought):

1. Read CSV file (one row)
  2. Sett up a BIRT report based on a selection of these columns in the CSV file
  3. Print that report to a PDF file.

Does this make sense?

Should I add a Table View node in front of the Table to PDF node?

Ok see what you mean. The Table to PDF only print tables to PDF not BIRT reports. Then I have a problem.

1 Like

Hello @Karstein,

glad we are on the same page regarding Table to PDF node and BIRT extension :slight_smile:

However there is a way to save a report using BIRT extension and Call Local Workflow (Row Based) node. Take a look at this workflow example:

Additionally here is a topic with a more complex example:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks, @ipazin
I was a bit slow on the Table to PDF reader. I understand much more the constraints now. Thanks.

Very helpful with the alternative workflows. I am progressing with this approach however still struggling with parts of it (container node creates empty output table etc.) however believe I will solve this eventually. Will research a bit more into this.
All the best,

Karstein

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.