Printing reports

Hi,

I’m interested to know if a BIRT report can be automatically sent to a printer to be printed.

Hi there @Willem,

you mean like starting a workflow ends with a command to send created BIRT report to printer? Interesting. Doubt this can be done in KNIME Analytics Platform so that leaves KNIME Server as possibility…

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

I could imagine some convoluted construct that might make it possible but personally I wouldn’t even want to try. I would always prefer sending report by email.

Anyway with Call Worfklow nodes, one can get a report back as file. Since you have it as file, it should be possible to save it to disk. Once you have it saved to disk, one can use any tool that allows for automatic printing, be it via CLI, Java or python. (I don’t know such a tool but I’m sure there is at least one available).
Java probably being the nicest as you could use the java snippet and print 1 report per row.

I wouldn’t want to test and maintain such a workflow…but I’m sure it’s possible.

3 Likes

Hi @Willem,

additionally if printer has email use that email in Send Email node and you should have automatic report printing :smiley:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas. I’ll have a look into this and see if I can get it to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.