Problem with Big Data Extensions (HDFS)

Unfortuanatly I get an error using the HDFS Connector in combination with the Impala Loade, respectively the Upload Node:

ERROR     Upload                             Execute failed: Failed on local exception: com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Protocol message end-group tag did not match expected tag.; Host Details : local host is: "xxxx.tubit.tu-berlin.de/xxxxx"; destination host is: "clouderavm":50070;

I actually have no idea how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

is it possible that your HDFS Connector and the Impala Connector are connected to different servers? They need to point to the same server.

Bye,

Tobias

Hi,

both connectors are connected to the same server (it's a virtual machine). Even if I try it with knime installed inside this VM, I get this error.

ERROR     Upload                             Execute failed: Failed on local exception: com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Protocol message end-group tag did not match expected tag.; Host Details : local host is: "localhost:50070/127.0.01"; destination host is: "localhost":50070;

Thanks for your answer.

Hi,

is your HDFS name node running and configured to listen on port 50070? Have you tryed to execute a hdfs command via the local comand line? I have found a related post at Stackoverflow which might help you with the problem.

Bye,

Tobias