Problems Installing New Software

So, I am trying to install new software into Knime on my Mac and everytime I try, the process gets about ~80% complete, and then the process fails, producing an error message.  The console error message reads: 

WARN  KNIMEApplication$3              Potential deadlock in SWT Display thread detected. Full thread dump will follow as debug ouput.

Does anyone have any ideas how to rectify this situation? I am using Knime 3.0.0 on a Mac.  Thanks!

Did you download KNIME 3.0 from the website or do you use the KNIME SDK for 3.0? Which MacOS version are you running?

I downloaded knime 3.0 from the website. I am running MacOS 10.7.5.

On MacOSX 10.11.1 I have the probem, that both packages report errors once you have put them into the applications folder like I did with all the previous versions. MacOS says they contain errors and should be placed in the recycling bin. I managed to start one of the packages from within the program package via the scripting Terminal but not anymore. Of course there is a possibilty that my system has a problem but since it is consitant with both 3.0.1. packages maybe there is more to it:

KNIME for Mac OSX (10.7 and above)

KNIME + all free extensions for Mac OSX (10.7 and above)

Same problem here, Knime won't start on OSX. Out put when starting in a terminal:

CompilerOracle: exclude javax/swing/text/GlyphView.getBreakSpot
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
WARN      pool-1-thread-1 KNIMEApplication$3     Potential deadlock in SWT Display thread detected. Full thread dump will follow as debug ouput.

Note that it promises to provide a full thread dump, which it never delivers. The process was stuck at 100% CPU, killed it after several minutes.

Knime 3.1.0 (with all free extensions), OSX El Capitan 10.11.2

Any ideas?

(Most probably it did provided a thread dump, though only at DEBUG log level. By default that is only printed to the log file, not to the Console.)

Alright, I tried it again and waited for about 10 minutes, and Knime actually, finally started. Subsequent launches now complete after a few seconds

So, my problem is solved. it seems that it's just the first launch which takes an awful long time that one just needs to wait out.