Problems

Hello.

I have some trouble with creating a node, so I wanted to create a topic for this forum about general problems that people may have extending KNIME with their own nodes.

My problem lies in the following. I am creating a data manipulator node, and I am not interested in implementing NodeView for it. I just leave the way this class is when I just start a new project without changing anything. However, after finishing the NodeModel and NodeDialog and exporting this node as a plugin, every time I add this node to a KNIME workflow project, I get the following error in the console window:

ERROR Conversion1NodeFactory CODING PROBLEM Missing or surplus view description

I thought this has to do with view description of the in the NodeFactor.xml file, but changing the description there did not help. I'm stuck here. If anyone has an answer to this problem, please let me know. Thanks.

Respectfully,
Robert.

ERROR	 Conversion1NodeFactory	 CODING PROBLEM	Missing or surplus view description

This error occurs when the underlying Node tries to load the NodeView specific description from your NodeFactory. Please make sure that you don't return a NodeView within your NodeFactory class:
class MyNodeFactory extends NodeFactory {
public NodeView createNodeView(int viewIndex, NodeModel nodeModel) {
    return null;
}

protected int getNrNodeViews() {
    return 0;
}

}

If you can't get it working, feel free to send me the NodeFactory.xml and NodeFactory.java files and I will have a look into them.

I used your advise. Now it works. Thank you.

Respectfully,
Robert.