Pulling a production schedule and determining if programs have been made for them.

I have a workflow created that pulls file names from a folder. It then pulls the schedule from my server. I am manipulating columns to get basic information down to file name with no extension(7036A column) and Schedule part name. I am performing a Value Lookup on the data to see if the value in the Schedule Part Number column is also in the 7036A column.

The problem is if both names match exactly, then I get a good clean result. However, the data in the 7036A column is Part number + Rev level.

When I try a substring on the Value LookUp it still will not get the data.

My workflow is attached.

Any input is appreciated. The first example is in the part number column row 3 (TR123786.) In the 7036A column, this is listed as TR123786_REVA.

FormingProgramsNeeded.knwf (196.8 KB)

hi @echambers welcome to the community.
you can try the option below inside the v-lookup node configuration window and see which one suits your requirements.
happy knimining
rgds
linux knime 5.1.x

1 Like

No, this will not work. This option always gives me a result. if there is not a match, then I don’t want the next closest number in the list. It is a false match.

i’m still using the v-lookup option n ‘cleaned’ up the unwanted matches using: i’m assuming ur logic is that the string of “PartNumber” should contain inside the string of “7306” column.

if this is not as per ur expectations, hopefully someone else can help.
rgds
linux knime 5.1.x

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.