Python nodes failing on parallel loop

python

Hi everyone,
I have a parallel loop that has multiple python nodes creating and writing to multiple excel files. It runs without a problem on a standard loop but keeps giving me errors on parallel loop below. I manage to get it to continue by continuing the run but quite unreliable. Can anyone advise?

Execute failed: The connection attempt timed out. Please consider increasing the socket timeout using the VM option ‘-Dknime.python.connecttimeout=’.
Also make sure that the communication between KNIME and Python is not blocked by a firewall and that your hosts configuration is correct.

0 Likes

Hi adjrock,

Would you mind uploading your entire knime.log file here? This could help us in finding the underlying cause of the problem. Here’s how you locate the log file. Thanks!

Marcel

0 Likes

Thanks Marcel, I just had a look at the log and couldn’t see the error in question. I’m not very knowledgeable in knime log, but does the log reset if I clear the console? Also, could the error disappear if I kept running the parallel loop? I am running the workflow again today and will monitor the log and will pass it on here once I get the error again

0 Likes

knime.log (12.0 KB)
Hi Marcel, I couldn’t send through the entirety of the log file due to its contents, I sent a section that I feel might contain relevant logs prior to the error

0 Likes

You could try to increase the timeout setting in the KNIME.ini. This is mentioned in the log file.

-Dknime.python.connecttimeout=30000

2019-10-08 13:10:51,154 : ERROR : KNIME-Worker-1060 : Node : Python Source : 0:284:380:334:394:310 : Execute failed: The connection attempt timed out. Please consider increasing the socket timeout using the VM option ‘-Dknime.python.connecttimeout=’.
Also make sure that the communication between KNIME and Python is not blocked by a firewall and that your hosts configuration is correct.

0 Likes

Sorry, do you just add this line to the ini file? Cause, I don’t have this line with any setting for Python in knime.ini

0 Likes

I would just add it at the end and give it a try

0 Likes