Python scripting remote server

Hello KNIME users,

Has anyone of you ever used the remote Python server functionality provided by the Python scripting extension nodes?

https://github.com/knime-mpicbg/knime-scripting/wiki/Python-server-for-knime

I'm having some problems making KNIME 2.4.2 on Windows XP talk to Python on my Linux server.

Thanks in advance,

George P.

Hi George,

yes, we have a running python server.

can you explain your problems a bit more? I might at least consult my colleague, who developed the python extension, if I cannot help you.

Ciao,

Antje

Hi Antje,

So my KNIME 2.4.2 sits on Windows XP and the Python Server runs on a RedHat machine.

I configured the server and port details in preferences. When I try to execute the python node, it throws an error:

ERROR PythonSnippetNodeModel python: can't open file 'C:\tmp\analyze15652.py'

ERROR Python Snippet Execute failed: No python output table found, check script output

When I check the /tmp folder I can see 3 files, namely analyse.py, knime2python.csv and python2knime.csv.

However, when I open the analyse.py file it seems that there is a mistake in the code. The paths of the files that are read or written are like that:

kIn = read_csv("C:\tmp\knime2python15650.csv", True) and

write_csv("C:\tmp\python2knime15651.csv", pyOut, True)

Unsurpringly, that's must be the reason why Python fails to run, because such paths do not exist! The file paths in analyse.py should by like /tmp/knime2python15650.csv and /tmp/python2knime15651.csv.

Can you please have a look?

Many thanks,

George