Python Snippet in version 3.5.3

Hi,
I am not sure how to use the python snipped in version 3.5.3. I have used the ones in the older version very often. Not sure how to use it in the new version. Looking for demo to use.
This came up in my search but this python snippet is an old version.

Appreciate your help. A screenshot of a simple script with input and output variables will help. Thanks!

Hi shalinirs,

Actually, the new nodes don’t really differ from the ones shown in the video when it comes to using them. (Or am I missing something here?)
However, the way one has to set up the integration changed a bit. You can find a guide on how to do that for the new integration here.

Also, please don’t confuse our new Python integration with the Python Scripting Integration for KNIME which is a community contribution.

Do you have a specific thing in mind that you’d like to do using the new nodes, or have code that you’d want to port to the new nodes? Maybe I can help you getting started there.

Marcel

Hi @MarcelW

I figured it was to do with Python integration. I installed the python integration node and I no longer see ‘deprecated’ in the Python source node.

I also followed the blogpost to set up Python 2.7 (I use windows machine, using Python 2, knime version 3.5.3)
https://www.knime.com/blog/setting-up-the-knime-python-extension-revisited-for-python-30-and-20

When i try to run the Python Source nodes locally, I get the following error.
2018-12-28 10:31:03,532 : DEBUG : Thread-27 : PythonKernelTester : : : Error occurred during testing Python2 installation
2018-12-28 10:31:03,532 : DEBUG : Thread-27 : PythonKernelTester : : : Executed command: python C:\Users\ssubra\Downloads\knime_3.3.2.win32.win32.x86_64\knime_3.3.2\plugins\org.knime.python2_3.5.0.v201712011355\py\PythonKernelTester.py 2.7.0
PYTHONPATH=:
PATH=:
Raw test output:
Python version: 2.7.12
Library pandas is missing, required minimum version is 0.20.0

There is pandas library installed in the machine and it is 0.23.1

I am not sure how to resolve the above error.

My recommendation with Python and KNIME would be to use anaconda and strictly let anaconda do the version management of packages since this seems to be complicated

You might want to check these discussions and also the official KNIME and python guide. I had success with a mixture of the guide and the Anaconda Navigator but did not have the time to write a real guide.

Python and Anaconda versions

Python KNIME official installation

https://docs.knime.com/2018-12/python_installation_guide/index.html

2 Likes

I reinstalled Anaconda 2 and followed the KNIME Python integration guide and it worked. Thanks for the support.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.