Python Source and Web Portal different results values of flow variables cut off

Thanks for the update Paola. A screenshot of the part of the workflow with the Python source node, and the part where you’re viewing the result when running on the server would be very helpful.

Hi Jon,

I attached screenshots of the part where the workflow cut the flow variables values.

Also, I most mention that I am using Python Edit Variable (deprecated) because if I use the most recent one (Python Edit Variable). The query stop at 1000 rows and I don’t get the correct result values.

Python_Source_Knime_workflow.docx (976.3 KB)

Let me know if you need more information.
Thank you.
Paola

Hi Paola,

Thank you for the update.

Could you save the data (or part of it) before the IF Switch node to a table (Table Writer node or just a csv file) and attach it together with the part of the workflow you attached the screenshot of? That would be very helpful.

Thank you.
Best,
Anna

Hi Anna,

The data on the IF Switch node is empty. There is no data.
The reason been is that the user at the beginning of the Interface (first window) can select a series of categories and filters.
And only at the end of selecting all filters, the query runs on the database.

I added two screenshots more at the attached document.

Please let me know which part will be useful to send you.
Python_Source_Knime_workflow.docx (1.2 MB)

Thank you,
Paola

Hi Paola,

I created a workflow trying to reproduce your problem, could you please run it on the server and let me know if you get any string cuts for three cases (you would need to keep hitting the “next” button on the WebPortal).

In all cases the string should end with “123”.

Please find attached the workflow.
Best,
Anna

FlowVariableCutOff_3.knar.knwf (25.4 KB)

Hi Anna,

I run the workflow in the web portal and in all 3 windows I see the string end with “123”.

What I need to add to the python source then?

Thank you,
Paola

Hi Paola,

Thank you for the testing and the update.

I tried to pass the variable using the deprecated Python Edit Variable node, but was still not able to reproduce your problem.

I would still like to ask you to send me the “Geographic Criteria” part of the workflow (just copy this piece to a separate workflow), the data from the Table Creator node should be enough.

Thank you.
Best,
Anna

Hi Anna,

Please find attached a copy of the workflow for the Geographic Criteria.

I run the workflow in the web portal and the error is there.

Thank you for your help.
Regards.
Paola

Geographic_Criteria_Anna.knwf (66.7 KB)

Hi Paola,

Thank you for the workflow!

How could you see the error?

I tried it on the WebPortal but have no any cutoff. Could you please run the attached workflow on the WebPortal? Do you have the problem?

Geographic_Criteria_Anna.knwf (78.1 KB)

Hi Anna,

I run the workflow that I sent you before in the web portal and then I save that workflow in the desktop application. if you open the table on the Python Source node and look at the value of the flow variable “filter country” you will see that Zimbabwe is cut.

I did the same on the workflow that you sent me. However, you added a text output for that filter country and I don’t see the words cut off.

So, How I can tell Knime to pass the value of the flow variables to the next node without cutting the values?

Thank you.
Paola

Hi Paola,

We’ve updated the Python version at KNIME 3.5. Since you have the KNIME 3.5 as your desktop version you do not have any problem executing your workflow there, however, having the server version 4.5, which has the executor version 3.4 you’re encounter problems with the new Python Source node (but not having problems with the deprecated Python Edit Variable node).

So the workaround will be to use the old (deprecated) Python Source node. Please find attached the workflow where you can find the deprecated node (not available otherwise at KNIME 3.5).

However, we recommend to contact you server administrator and to update the server version to the latest (4.6 with the executor 3.5) one.

Best,
Anna

Geographic_Criteria_workaround.knwf (69.3 KB)

Hi Anna,

I changed the node to the (deprecated) Python Source node and it worked!

Thank you so much!
Paola

1 Like

Hi Paula,

One recommendation is also to consider updating your Analytics Platform in lockstep with your KNIME Server. I.e. you may find it more reliable to use the older Analytics Platform 3.4.x with the current KNIME Server 4.5.2. I would however encourage you to ask you server admin to consider updating to KNIME Server 4.6.3 (which we released today), or possibly waiting for the July release of KNIME Server 4.7.0.

Best,

Jon

1 Like

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the recommendation.
One last question. Some users (in USA and Amsterdam) of the workflow in the Knime server suddenly are log off . It is possible that it happens because the server is not up to date?

Thank you.
Regards,

Paola

Hi Paola,

Is that issue seen in the Analytics Platform, the WebPortal, or both?

Best,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Only in the WebPortal.

Best,
Paola

I’m not aware of any fixes that we released that address issues like that. However, I’d be happy to sync with your server admins to look into the log files and try to get to the bottom of the issue. Can you ask them to contact me via the support email address?

Yes, Jon. I will ask the server admins team to contact you via the support email address.
The email support@knime.com, it is correct?

1 Like

Correct. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.