Question on Text and Network Mining Workflow Example

Hi all,

I have a simple question on the example workflow related to "Text and Network Mining".

The initial node, a File reader one, reads Slashdot data. The question is: as the .table data, as far as I know, is an internal KNIME format, what was the original format of Slashdot data used in this examples. Did these data pass through a File Writer node before?

Generally speaking I do not fully understand the whole potential of the File Reader node. Whan should be it used and for what data? Could you advice?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Giovanni 

file reader is a generic, tab, csv or txt file parsing node. It seems to be the daay of the csv node. I have found it to work better than the csv node in situations where there are custome delimiters or missing lines , columns etc.

My apologies,

I meant Table Reader, not File Reader. The Table Reader node is the one used in the example mentioned in the thread subject.

Cheers

G

Hi Giovanni,

we extracted the information from an XML dump of Slashdot which you can download here.

Bye,

Tobias

Hi Tobias, I had a look at that page but the data set is no longer available. And I've got also problems in creating an account.

No worries however, thanks for the answer!

G

Maybe we can call a vbs by "External Tool" to list all sheets and save it to a text file to process. I will try this approach.

But I do not know how to deploy the scripts with the workflow. :(

Hi Giovanni,

sorry I thought that the file is still available. I can send you the original file if you contact me via the contact form.

Bye,

Tobias

Is workflow from whitepaper still available?

just found it 
https://www.knime.org/white-papers#networktext1