Quickform inputs with streaming in wrapped metanodes, possible?

Hi all,

I noticed that the Quickforms input nodes don't seem to be streamable, so wrapped metanodes will throw an exception if they use simple streaming and at the same time contain input nodes for configuration.

My aim is to assemble a streaming-enabled metanode that contains some workflow that is agnostic of the variable scope outside that node, but I'd like to be able to configure some variables (manually via config dialog, or by assigning flow variables from the parent workflow). Any hints on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Jan

Hi Jan,

can you make an examplary workflow? For me this works.

(None-Streaming-Ready nodes can be used in Streaming Wrapped nodes. They just will be executed the traditional way instead of streamed)

Best, Iris

Hi Iris,

thanks for the quick reply. When trying to assemble a minimal example, I noticed that it's indeed working in a simple setup. The issue I'm seeing might also be related to the Image Reader node then...

I attached an example workflow (that uses both Quickforms input and pass-through of default variables from parent to metanode workflow). The metanode works well when streaming is disabled, but fails with Simple Streaming activated:

ERROR Image Reader (Table) 5:1:232:0:106 (RuntimeException): java.lang.InterruptedException

Let me know if you need more info.

Best,

Jan

Hi Jan,

I think this is on our side then. I will take a look in the next couple of days and let you know here what I found out. Sorry for the trouble.

Christian

1 Like