R deprecated nodes and other questions

I have three question on R which perhaps someone can help me with:

1) I downloaded a couple of R workflow files from Examples and found that the R nodes were (deprecated). Why could this be, do I have the latest Knime R nodes? I'm using R version 3.2.

2) I have noticed that in File>Preferences>KNIME>R, Path to R Home is given as;

C:\Program Files\KNIME_2.11.3\plugins\org.knime.ext.r3.bin.win32.x86_3.0.3.0044664\R-Inst

whereas, the File>Preferences>KNIME>R-Scripting, Location of R on your computer is shown as:

C:\Program Files\R\R-3.2.0\bin/RGui.exe

My question is, should these be the same?

3) I have an R Node repository with R Nodes and a R-Scripting Node, with Nodes, in Community Nodes. Is there any conflict?

After a few days of paying around with KNIME, I find this a great package.

Thanks

may be you should try it with the latest version of R. and i dont think there should be any conflict between R Nodes and a R-Scripting Node.

tripp pants

Hi,

I have version 3.2 of R - the latest is 3.2.1, so that should not be the problem. Any other suggestions?

Noted what you say about the Nodes. Thanks.

Hello,

1) It might be considered a good thing that the workflows from the distant past are still working. There were an older version of KNIME R nodes which now presented as (deprecated) and a newer one (since 2.11 it is no longer part of Labs). The community nodes work independently.

2) It would be less confusing, but they work independently, so it is not a problem if they are different. Just remember where have you installed what R packages.

3) Absolutely no problem having both. They have different use cases where they shine. (Even the deprecated nodes have useful features.)

Cheers, gabor

Hi,

Thanks for that, all clear.

Regarding 2), I have left the default KNIME R preferences (KNIME>R) Path to R Home as:

C:\Program Files\KNIME_2.11.3\plugins\org.knime.ext.r3.bin.win32.x86_3.0.3.0044664\R-Inst. Presumably I'm using an older version of R here? Can I reset this to refer to my installed R 3.2.0?

The KNIME>R-Scripting Location of R on your computer I have set as:

C:\Program Files\R\R-3.2.0\bin\x64\R.exe

Yes, it is an older -well tested, contains the necessary packages- R version optionally installed for Windows. You can use your own, but be sure you also install the rJava package for the KNIME provided R integration and/or rServe for the community R nodes.

Ok, thanks.

I have rJava installed. Presumably I first issue the R command library(rJava) on the first line of the R script? Also, do I set my KNIME R preferences to C:\Program Files\R\R-3.2.0\bin\x64, where my R program is?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.