R Error while updating Knime 4.5.1

Hi @bwilhelm I cannot replicate the error right now since I am at work, I will try to do it at home.

Probably the errors reported in the firsts messages can be useful by the moment

Cheers

Hi there, I tried the R extensions at home with the 4.5.1 Knime version, but the software ran properly.

Sorry for not being able to replicate the error

@bwilhelm I think something is definitly off with the R KNIME integration since 4.5.1 - I had to move several integrations to the community edition in order for them to run:

does work (R community edition)

does not work (R KNIME integration)

See the Metanodes for H2O

2 Likes

@pio, Thank you for the log output! It helped me a lot. The MethodNotFoundError suggests that the plugin which contains the DefaultRPreferenceProvider has an incompatible version to the plugin which contains the RConnectionFactory. I will investigate how this can happen.

4 Likes

Hi @bwilhelm ,
I have updated my R to the latest version as well, but still the same problem. It doesn’t seem to initialise the R . I have also installed Rserve library and re initialised but no luck so far. At this point I am thinking of reverting back to an older version

2 Likes

Hi @pio,
The only workaround right now is to reinstall KNIME AP in version 4.5.1 (or 4.5.0 as others have stated).
We are working on a fix for the upcoming bugfix release (4.5.2) which should arrive very soon. If you wait for the bugfix release, you don’t have to reinstall KNIME AP but updating will work.

Update: KNIME AP 4.5.2 is released. Updating to 4.5.2 fixes the issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.