R initialization failure

Hello,

After having installed R (3.1.3) and the rJava package on my Linux workstation (sl7) I get the following error:

R cannot be initialized.
Cannot load jri library from any of following locations:
/usr/lib64/R/library/rJava/jri/libjri.so (load error: /usr/lib64/R/library/rJava/jri/libjri.so: dlopen: cannot load any more object with static TLS)
/usr/lib64/R/library/rJava/jri/jri.so (load error: /usr/lib64/R/library/rJava/jri/libjri.so: dlopen: cannot load any more object with static TLS)
Cannot load JRI native library

I am running KNIME 2.11.2

Any hints how to fix the problem would be welcome.  Thanks.

Regards,

Jasna

I can't help you directly, but I can tell you that I saw this exact same problem on my Fedora 20 system about six months ago. I hadn't looked at it again until I saw your post, and I see that after however many package upgrades to the system later, that the problem doesn't happen for me anymore. It also isn't appearing on my new Fedora 21 system.

I can only recommend to make sure that your system libraries are up-to-date. It could be that whichever change/fix that cured it for me just hasn't been propagated yet to SL7.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.