R View: Very slow perfromance

I'm having an issue similar to this old one:

https://tech.knime.org/forum/r-statistics-nodes-and-integration/r-statistic-and-r-script-are-running-extremely-slow-in-loop

My R View node is very slow, also outside of loops. As explained in post above, when startign the node there is usually a 3 second delay where the node just stays at 0 and then it completes immedialtely. So for me it's clear the issue lies in the interface to R and not R itself (Using R version that ships with knime) due to the delay at the start and the fact that the amount of data and visualizations I create are trivial. In fact I can create a table with 1 row and 1 column and do nothing in the R View Node and these 3 seconds still happen. Probably this is R starting uo taking so long?

I tired it on 2 different PCs and the behavior is the same:

Windows Server 2012 R2 with 32 Gb of RAM

Windows 7 with 8 GB of RAM.

So it's either a KNIME issue or Windows issue.

Hi beginner_,

The bottleneck here is due to KNIME having to open R and connect to it via the rserve package. Establishing this external connection creates some overhead, hence the three second delay you are experiencing.

Cheers,

Roland

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.