RAM

Hello All,
I Have a 128 GB Ram But i want KNIME to use atlst 100GB but while i run heavy codes it is only Using maximum 2GB,
I have tried 2 option -Xmx and second was cellsinmemeory but still no Luck .

Regards
Ashish

Hi Ashish,

What values have you entered for xmx and cellsinmemory?

Cheers,
Roland

I have uploaded the Image for reference

Thanks for the screenshot! You’re only providing 11GB of memory and 10M cells in memory. The 10M cells usually shouldn’t use more than 2G of memory, hence you’re not seeing an increase in memory usage. If you actually want to make use of all that memory, you should put something like -Xmx100G and *.cellsinmemory=1000000000.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Roland

1 Like

Hey Roland ,
I did the changes as suggested but still the uses is limited to 5GB,My laptop with 8Gb ram and my 128Gb machine are processing nearly at the same time . :frowning:

Regards
Ashish

Hi Ashish,

How much memory would you actually expect to need? I.e., how large is the data you’re processing in terms of rows and columns?

Cheers,
Roland

HI Roland

I have to do a cross join on 76K*76K then do some string operation like intersection and count and then write it to CSV

Regards
Ashish

I see. In that case, you should try increasing cellsinmemory to 10bn or even more. With that amount of data, the 1bn you set in the knime.ini is already maxed out!