Read list of files, extract same line in each file and append as column

Hello KNIME Community.
I want to do the following:
I have a list of files where i appended a new column with the conversation_ID through String-Manipulation.

Then i want to loop through all these files and extract a specifc row which has tags inlcuded in them.

These numbers like [1] are represnting categories like satisfaction or [2] represents what case it is.

What i want to achieve is to append columns like “satisfaction” and “case” to this table from above:

This is what i have right now:

How do i configure the rule engine to achieve this and how do i not append the columns not to the file contents itsself but to the file list ? Im still a newbie so i am thankfull for every bit of feedback

Regards,

TK

Then i want to loop through all these files and extract a specifc row which has tags inlcuded in them.

How do you identify the row that you want to extract?

What i want to achieve is to append columns like “satisfaction” and “case” to this table from above:

Are you saying you want a column for each tag? You provided 2 examples, how many tags are there? What do they all mean?

How do i configure the rule engine to achieve this

What is your current Rule Engine node doing? Maybe it’s not the right tool for the job.

and how do i not append the columns not to the file contents itsself but to the file list ?

My guess is that you’ll need to use either a Joiner node or a Column Appender node to combine the output of the List Files/Folders node with the output of your line extraction node/loop.

It would be easier to help if you provided a workflow (with data) that we could download and play around with.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.