Reiterating logic for 200+ Excel files and concatenating resulting tables

Hi there,

I have a simple workflow that I have built for a single Excel file.

I have a local folder with 200+ Excel files with same schema. What I want to do is:

1. Run a reiterative process that reads each of the Excel files from the folder
  2. As each Excel is read, apply above logic
  3. Once the logic is applied to each the Excel files individually, concatenate all resulting tables

I need the process to apply the above logic individually before concatenating.

What’s the best way to do this?

Thanks,
Sunny

1 Like

Hi Sunny,

is this what you are looking for? :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Marvin

PS. see also here: Lesson 4. Loops | KNIME , a part of the (free) self-paced KNIME courses.

5 Likes

I’ve modified the attached from another forum question I have been responding to today, so this hopefully gives a reasonably ready-packed example in which the loop automatically returns the results of the concatenation of each iteration (so it uses Loop End, instead of Variable Loop End, for example)

This workflow would handle the case where any of the Excel files may contain multiple sheets, provided they all conform to the same schema. If they all contain only one sheet you could lose the “Read Excel Sheet Names” and the inner loop, then set it the Excel reader to just read the first sheet.

Read and Concatenation from multiple Excels to table.knwf (52.9 KB)

5 Likes

Awesome - this works @takbb! Thanks All :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.