reload excel reader

Hey guys :smiley:
I have workflow like:
Excel Reader (XLS) -> Group Loop Start -> Row Filter -> Excel Writer (XLS).
Is there any option to reload excel reader when Excel Writer (XLS) finish work? (unfortunatelly I do this manually :confused: )

Hi @pjacob,

You need to end the loop, can I ask the point of the Group Loop Node? Is this to add to sheets?

Ending the loop in this example will need to be done with the Variable Loop End node.

Thanks,

Matt

1 Like

@Matt_D Hi :slight_smile: I forgot add Loop end. Group loop node its for example.

@Matt_D Could you show me how to do this? I will be grateful :smiley:

Hi @pjacob,

what do you mean by reload?

On KNIME Hub you can search and download workflows. Here are loop related flows: https://hub.knime.com/knime/spaces/Examples/latest/06_Control_Structures/04_Loops/

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @pjacob,

Of course, I’m still not clear on what you’re trying to do, here’s an example of writing sheets by location.

Untitled

Does this help?

Matt

2 Likes

@ipazin, @Matt_D Thank, but it’s not exactly what I looking for. I blending data and finally save them using Excel Writer (XLS), but unfortunatelly I must reset Excel Reader (XLS) every time when I change sth on the beginning because his not refresh itself and don’t see new data

@ipazin @Matt_D Hey guys, I find solution. “Reset on Load” :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @pjacob,

wouldn’t closing and not saving workflow after execution have same effect? Anyways glad you found a way :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

@ipazin

I have something like this. Open Excel then use “Rule-based Row Filter” to choose properly row which I want to change value using “Constant Value Coumn”. I thought about loop but no idea how to use :confused:

HI @pjacob,

but how do you know what Excel row are you modifying? Or you are modifying all rows?

Br,
Ivan

@ipazin I create date and then conect to “Table Row to Variable” and “Rule-based Row Filter” looking for properly date (row)

Hi @pjacob,

sry but I still don’t understand what are you trying to do. If above mentioned solution by you (Reset on Load) doesn’t help are you able to share workflow example with some data (dummy works as well) with situation description and stating what you would like in this case?

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.