Remove row to prevent duplications

Hi,
I’m working on joining data based on => if string contains specific text, match it with the relevant key.
Strings are free text and long. Therefore, sometimes the strings contains 2 keys.
I would like to eliminate the string from the loop once match is found in order to avoid overlaps.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi @Sharon_c , you can check the Variable Condition Loop End node:

You can configure the conditions to break out of / end the loop.

May be you could also elaborate more on what you are doing and perhaps there is a better way to implement this.

4 Likes

Hello @Sharon_c
I worked out a workflow for a similar request on past October. Some of these concepts could be useful to address your challenge.

I’ve moved this workflow into my KNIME Hub Space.

BR

https://kni.me/w/fEvrcdE6mLReXemA

1 Like

without having much insights I suggest the probably easiest and first thing in mind. Is a duplicate row filter afterwards an option?
br

1 Like

Hello @Daniel_Weikert
Thank you for the warning, as I didn’t explain the content of the workflow. I renamed the ‘Title’ of the workflow as: ‘Data Wrangling _ Multiple Key-Word Search (logical indexing)’. Tagged as ‘Logical Indexing’ as well.

Unfortunately I had to change the file name in the same way, then the previous link became obsolete.

Said so, without having much insights and multiple key-words, logical indexing is always the best approach: avoiding row repetition, upgrading data exploration capability and further data usability.

The workflow returns a matrix with the logical indexation for all the Key-Words disposed in columns.

BR

Hi @Sharon_c
I’ve taken advantage from the ‘regexMatcher’ in the search string post’s answer to remove the loop from this ‘logical indexing’ workflow.

And now, it results much more straight forward.

BR

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.