Remove symbols, remain the values

Hi there!!! simple question here ,
I have data in seperated columns and rows like this :

And this is my desired output :

which node should I use? I have like about 60k of rows and columns…

Hello @KainLittleCloth
Probably the easiest would be to review the workflow to understand, how to arrive intto dataset like this; some steps or using more efficient nodes on digest could prevent. But sometimes we just receive it as is.

But said so and focusing on the proposed task, ‘String Manipulation (Multi Column)’ node can do the job:

regexReplace($$CURRENTCOLUMN$$, "[^a-zA-Z]+", "")

with ‘Replace selected input columns’ option

BR

PS.- In the case that your strings contain numbers and/or numbers with decimals:

regexReplace($$CURRENTCOLUMN$$
		, "[^a-zA-Z0-9.]+", "")
2 Likes

Hi Good Day!!
This is how my original dataset looks like :

I have tried your method, but somehow it turns out like this :

I originally have them in a seperated column and row for each but now its all combined, but the " " and [ ] are all removed. Can i just remove the " " and [ ] and they all just remain in their own columns n rows?

Hello @KainLittleCloth
This is strange. Can you provide a sample of your data. Or give us some comments of the technical precedence of the data, formats… something to reproduce the issue.

I’ve tested the provided solution with a small modification for the ‘String Manipulation (Multi Column)’ node; this is adding a comma and a space after the dot.

regexReplace($$CURRENTCOLUMN$$
		, "[^a-zA-Z0-9., ]+", "")

My result looks like this now:

NOTE: in this case I didn’t apply ‘Replace selected input columns’ option aiming to visualize the transform

I can think on different String Manipulation approaches without Regex, but I’m not sure that this will solve your background problem. I suspect that you showed us a JSON splitted in in arrays for the first imaged, but applied the String Manipulation to the JSON itself in the second one. If this is the case, there are specific nodes to deal with JSON formats.

BR

1 Like

@KainLittleCloth

Can you try to just connect ‘Ungroup’ node?

But some other query nodes may be required like ‘JSON Path’ node …

BR

2 Likes

Hii @gonhaddock , Thankyou so much for your help!! I actually got the output following your new solution!! Thankyou so much for your help !! :))

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.