Retain source file's highlighted cells in final output

Hi, I am trying to retain highlighted cells from the source file in the final output, is there a way to do this in KNIME? Thanks in advance.

Hi @illl4ever ,

Welcome to community!
It depends on your workflow. Generally yes you can see the highlighted data in the output but if you change the type of data(for example string to list), it’s not possible any more.
Can you upload your workflow here?

Br,
Mehrdad

Hi @mehrdad_bgh,

I am not sure how to upload the workflow, do you mean screenshots like below?

My workflow is pretty simple, I am combining some columns in the Input file with some in the Latest file. I want to retain the highlighted cells for all of these columns.

Best regards,
Nam

Hi @illl4ever ,

To upload a workflow first you should save it(File tab → save) then you should export you
workflow(File tab → Export KNIME Workflow) then drag & drop the file or click on upload button specified in the image:

Do you know how to highlight cells in KNIME? And you want to see highlighted cells in last node’s Output table or excel file that you write with Excel writer node?

For highlighting first you open the Output table of Joiner node(right click on the node → last item of the list), select your cells then click on Hilite Selected(Hilite tab → Hilite Selected) now you will be able to see highlighted cells in Column Resorter output table.

GL,
Mehrdad

2 Likes

Hi @mehrdad_bgh,

My workflow is attached
KNIME_Weekly report PUMA.knwf (41.2 KB)

My query is that as my input files have highlighted cells like below:

I would like to know if it is possible to keep these highlighted cells as they are at the final output, thank you very much.

Hi @illl4ever ,

Thanks for providing a workflow.
As you can see in the image you chose the Local File System option in Excel reader configuration.

So can you please upload your data set here?

Br,
Mehrdad

Hello @illl4ever,

and welcome to KNIME Community!

Once data is read into KNIME using Excel Reader node all Excel formatting is lost. What could work for you is to use Continental Nodes for KNIME extension which is able to format newly written Excel files.

Find out more about it here:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.