RMI executor could not be started

Just performed a fresh install of Knime Server, on Ubuntu 18.

All demo features are failing, with “RMI executor could not be started” error.

Please check log file.

log_excerpt.txt (47.0 KB)

Sorry to hear that. This means that the executor is not starting for some reason. In the log file you attached it links to the relevant additional log file that we’ll need to take a look at. Can you DM me the contents of /opt/knime/knime_3.5.3/configuration/1528669682176.log

Thanks,

Jon

Here is the log.1528669682176.log (3.4 KB)

Thanks for the log file. The line at the end of the message suggests that the KNIME Executor Connector extension is not installed.

You may choose to download a full build which includes the extension which is available from the product downloads page. In that case uncompress the download to a location of your choice and then update the /opt/knime_server/workflow_repository/config/knime-server.config to point to the newly downloaded KNIME executable.

or alternatively you can use the following terminal command to install the extension.
/opt/knime_server/knime_executor/./knime -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -nosplash -consolelog -r https://update.knime.com/analytics-platform/3.5,https://update.knime.com/store/3.5
-i com.knime.features.enterprise.slave.feature.group -d /opt/knime_server/knime_executor/

java.lang.RuntimeException: Application “com.knime.enterprise.slave.KNIME_REMOTE_APPLICATION” could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: com.knime.enterprise.client.filesystem.KNIME_WORKFLOW_DOWNLOADER, com.knime.enterprise.client.filesystem.KNIME_WORKFLOW_UPLOADER, org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.ReportExecutor, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.E4Application, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.GenTopic, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.InstallPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.EclipseGenerator, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.ProductPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.repo2runnable, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.metadataverifier, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.nativePackageExtractor, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.CategoryPublisher, org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaIndexer, org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench, org.knime.product.KNIME_APPLICATION, org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION, org.knime.product.KNIME_PROTOCOL_APPLICATION, org.knime.workbench.help.KNIME_Documentation_Builder, org.knime.workbench.repository.NodeDocumentationGenerator.

2 Likes

Just wanted to follow up here and check whether you managed to solve the issue?

Yes, thanks!

Unfortunately, I’ve tried the same procedure on another Linux server, and again got “RMI executor could not be started, see log file for details”.

I’m using this Java version:

openjdk version "1.8.0_171"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-8u171-b11-0ubuntu0.16.04.1-b11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b11, mixed mode)

This is the log contents:

!SESSION 2018-06-19 22:01:06.931 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_152
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -application com.knime.enterprise.slave.KNIME_REMOTE_APPLICATION
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -user @none -data /opt/knime_server/workflow_repository/runtime/runtime_knime-rmi-50100 -application com.knime.enterprise.slave.KNIME_REMOTE_APPLICATION

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-06-19 22:01:10.195
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "com.knime.enterprise.slave.KNIME_REMOTE_APPLICATION" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: com.knime.enterprise.client.filesystem.KNIME_WORKFLOW_DOWNLOADER, com.knime.enterprise.client.filesystem.KNIME_WORKFLOW_UPLOADER, org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.ReportExecutor, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.E4Application, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.GenTopic, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.InstallPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.EclipseGenerator, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.ProductPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.repo2runnable, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.metadataverifier, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.nativePackageExtractor, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.CategoryPublisher, org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter, org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaIndexer, org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench, org.knime.product.KNIME_APPLICATION, org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION, org.knime.product.KNIME_PROTOCOL_APPLICATION, org.knime.workbench.help.KNIME_Documentation_Builder, org.knime.workbench.repository.NodeDocumentationGenerator.

logfiles.zip (64.3 KB)

Regards

That looks like the same issue as you had before.

Could you confirm how you’re installing the KNIME Server Executor?

I have a regular KNIME Analytics Platform installation, in /opt/knime/knime_3.5.3.

I’ve installed the Server via GUI
java -jar <installer>
and specified that one as the executor.

Thanks for confirming. Did you manage to solve the issue by following the previous instructions?

In future you may avoid the issue by using the KNIME Server Executor build, which is available from the product downloads page. If you don’t know where that is, please contact me via DM and I’ll pass on the details.

Actually, my previous post was after trying the referred instructions.

I’m interested in “KNIME Server Executor build”. Where can I find DM?

Thanks

Click on my username above this post, and select ‘Message’. Looking forward to your message.

I am sorry to tell you I do not see such option.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.