RMIExecutorManagerImpl error

Good night, our Knime service on AWS is UP, however in the execution of processes it presents the error:
31-Jan-2020 16:46:16.805 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] com.knime.enterprise.server.application.KNIMEServerApplication.initializeServices Could not prestart executor: RMI executor could not be started, see log file for details
com.knime.enterprise.utility.ExecutorException: RMI executor could not be started, see log file for details
at com.knime.enterprise.server.executor.rmi.RMIExecutorImpl.reportStartupError(RMIExecutorImpl.java:420)
at com.knime.enterprise.server.executor.rmi.RMIExecutorImpl.startSlave(RMIExecutorImpl.java:356)
at com.knime.enterprise.server.executor.rmi.RMIExecutorImpl.(RMIExecutorImpl.java:224)
at com.knime.enterprise.server.executor.rmi.RMIExecutorManagerImpl.startNewRMI(RMIExecutorManagerImpl.java:307)
at com.knime.enterprise.server.executor.rmi.RMIExecutorManagerImpl.startNewRMI(RMIExecutorManagerImpl.java:325)
at com.knime.enterprise.server.executor.rmi.RMIExecutorManagerImpl.startNewRMI(RMIExecutorManagerImpl.java:325)
at com.knime.enterprise.server.executor.rmi.RMIExecutorManagerImpl.getExecutorInstance(RMIExecutorManagerImpl.java:384)
at com.knime.enterprise.server.executor.rmi.RMIExecutorManagerImpl.getExecutorInstance(RMIExecutorManagerImpl.java:63)
at com.knime.enterprise.server.application.KNIMEServerApplication.initializeServices(KNIMEServerApplication.java:324)
at com.knime.enterprise.server.application.KNIMEServerApplication.start(KNIMEServerApplication.java:134)
at com.knime.enterprise.war.ServerInitListener.contextInitialized(ServerInitListener.java:74)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4792)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5256)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:754)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:730)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:629)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1839)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Hi @fsborges,

What is your KNIME Server and KNIME Executor version?

Check this page and make sure your KNIME Server version matches the Executor.

:blush:

1 Like

Good morning armingrudd,

My Knime Server version is 4.7.32019333ojz-v18zip.zip (15.5 KB)

So, your KNIME Executor should be 3.6.x
Can you make sure about that?

Or you can install/update to a newer version.

:blush:

How do I view a version of my executor?

What would be the procedure for updating it?

Can you check what is your version of Java? This sounds like a bug related to the Java update.

2 Likes

My Java version is 1.8.0_242:

java -version

openjdk version “1.8.0_242”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_242-8u242-b08-0ubuntu3~16.04-b08)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.242-b08, mixed mode)

Hi @fsborges

we currently have a problem with this Java Release, we are working on a fix and will release this as soon as possible.

Your current workaround would be to downgrade to a older Java Version. More details you can find here

Best, Iris

2 Likes

Good morning
I performed the JAVA downgrade from 1.8.0_242 to 1.8.0_162 and the problem was solved.
Thanks for attention.
Have a nice day.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.