Run two workflow at same time

Hi,

I was asking myself if there is the posibilty to run two workflows at same time and that each one of those generate the temp files in two diferent locations.

Thanks,

On a local pc maybe with the help of windows task manager and a knime batch script
br

1 Like

Why not just combine them into a single workflow?

2 Likes

Each one do a different thing. So i want to generate temp files on two diferents harddrive to not oversaturate one of those.

Thanks,

I combine several different unrelated workflow tasks into 1 master workflow all of the time. Just leave the streams separate and give it a shot. It only gets tricky if they share the same write file locations.

For the sake of offering a different (but more complicated) possibility in case you have some special use case…

You could do a dual install of KNIME by using the self extracting archive as long as you designate different workspaces. I do this since I have my main install linked to a second computer via Dropbox. The second “local” install is all sandboxed into a single folder in my documents on one of my computers. This allows me to keep both computers / workflows in sync for easy jumping back in forth on my main install, but also allows me to run “local” workflows on my second computer when I am working on 2 different workflows at the same time (typically to help with forum questions).

You need to go with this install version if you want to go in this direction - “KNIME Analytics Platform for Windows (self-extracting archive)”. I have tested this and I can in fact run both KNIME AP programs and execute workflows simultaneously. You could also schedule these separate workflows to run on separate installs simultaneously.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.