Run Workflow with .bat that runs Workflows with "Call Local Workflow" node → java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi @all,

as the topic title tells, i'm trying to run a workflow scheduled with a .bat file in windows. I've done this before, and it worked quiet well. 

The difference now is that the called workflow runs other workflows with the "Call Local Workflow" node. The workflow has no problems if it is started in the KNIME Analytics application. But started via .bat file i get an Error.

ERROR    KNIME-Worker-0 Call Local Workflow      Execute failed: java.lang.NullPointerException

I hope someone has an answer for me.

Hi,

Could you please post your workflows so I can have a look?

Cheers,

Roland

Hi Roland,

i've made a very simple example to show what i'm doing.

I get the same error with this workflow.

Thank you :-)

Hi Jonny,

Thank you for the example. We were able to reproduce the issue. Our developers will take care of this.

Cheers,

Roland

Hello - any update or additional information on this issue? I've been struggling with the exact same error, calling a local workflow via a .bat file run and getting that nullPointerException error.

Is there a workaround for this? E.g. is it possible to make the local workflow path a flow variable with an absolute reference?

Thanks!

Hi,

Not sure if you have solved this problem. I am running into the same problem. Would you mind sharing if you have solved it? Thanks!

-H