Searching row filter for specific string pattern

Hi,
Hope someone has an idea for a problem i am trying to solve for a longer time.
I have a table with a string column and i want to apply a row filter if a specific pattern is to find in the string.
I want to filter for every 6-digit number (100000-999999) in the string. Additionially i want to filter for another pattern like “ABC12345AB” where all letters and numbers can vary.
I’ve tested several options with limited success.

Example:
text text 123456 text text text
123456 text text text
text text text text
text ABC12345AB text text
text text text
text text ABC12345AB

Example filtered:
text text 123456 text text text
123456 text text text
text ABC12345AB text text
text text ABC12345AB

Find a solution with string manipulation and rule-based row filter (Dict) for 6-digit numbers. But takes a long time and does not help for the other topic.

Would be great if someone has an idea!

Thanks in advance,
Lars

Hi Lars,
did you try putting a * in front and at the end of the string you want to filter for and set a checkmark at the “contain wild cards” option? This way it does not matter whether the string is at the start or at the end or inbetween the sequence you process. For changing patterns you could parameterize the string you want to filter for via using a flowvariable. I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the reply. I am using * together with Rule-Based Row Filter (Dict) for the 6-digit codes and it works fine (but slow). But i did not know how to manage “ABC12345AB” patterns. Here it is not useful to create a reference dictionary because of the high amount of possible options. That’s why i would like to filter by a more generic approach which is just checking the pattern (3 letters followed by 5 digits followed by 2 letters).

Hey Lars,

did you try regular expressions?
Try : .*(\d{6}).*|.*(\w{3}\d{5}\w{2}).* as regex in the standard Row Filter node and check the regular expressions option.

It worked for me.

Cheers,
Julian

2 Likes

Hi Julian,
That’s exactly what i’m looking for. Thanks a lot!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.