"Send to Tableau Server (Hyper)" NODE Error

Hi there!

I installed the Tableau extension, and configured the dependancies as per instructions in the node description (PATH system configuration and Visual C++ 2013 redistributable instalation). I’m working with Hyper as my Tableau Server version is 2019.1 I also restarted many times the KNIME Analytics Platform.

However, when i execute the “Send to Tableau Server (Hyper)” Node I get this error message:
ERROR Send to Tableau Server (Hyper) 0:370 Execute failed: Unable to initialize Tableau backend ‘Tableau Hyper’, please follow the installation instructions in the node description. Error:java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library ‘TableauHyperExtract’: No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.

What could it be? Any tips?

Hi,

the error message suggests that the configuration is not complete, as it can not find the backend library. Did you try various suggestions in this discussion, and in particular this post?

Just to double-check:

• what extensions do you see as installed, when you search for Tableau in File -> Install KNIME Extensions...? (make sure that Hide items that are already installed is not ticked on)
  • Did you try to restart KNIME via File -> Restart or did you also try to close down AP completely and start it again?

Cheers,
Misha

2 Likes

Also, make double check and make sure that your path is pointing to the correct library (in this case, Hyper and not TDE). It’s easy to get them switched up by mistake. This post has more info:

Hi Misha and Scott,

Thanks for your support. Already tried all of these, as you suggest:

1. Verify all Tableau extensions are well installed
  2. Restart KNIME via File -> Restart
  3. Verify that the PATH points to the Hyper library and not to the TDE

Still, the error shown is the same:
Execute failed: Unable to initialize Tableau backend ‘Tableau Hyper’, please follow the installation instructions in the node description. Error:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.tableausoftware.hyperextract.ExtractAPI

Here’s my printed screen that shows the “Linked Resources” and “Environment Variable PATH”.

Best,
Bruno.

HI @bbecker23 -

After you applied changes to your Windows path, did you reboot your system (not just KNIME)? This is often necessary.