Send to Tableau server node error

Hi Everyone
I am trying to get the Knime “Send to Tableau Server” node to work using the REST API credentials. However I get the below error upon hitting Browse to select the Project.

Would be great if anyone can help troubleshoot/fix this issue. The Tableau writer node works & I am using Knime 4.1.3

Error:
WARN Send to Tableau Server (Hyper) 3:58 javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSLHandshakeException invoking https://tableau-hopsec.siemens.com/api/2.8/sites/449493ad-1518-4348-9f24-0dea0c2c51a4/projects?pageNumber=1&pageSize=200: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Hi @diwanjim,

Looks like the “Send to Tableau Server” node cannot verify the SSL certificate of your Tableau server. If you access the Tableau Server from your browser does the browser show that the connection is secure? (If it is not secure you should contact your administrator to set up a valid SSL certificate)

If the connection is secure you can add the certificate to the JVM manually as explained in this post: Tableau Hyper, send to tableau server.

Best,
Benjamin

Thanks for your response. I downloaded my browser certificate ; however was facing a challenge getting the .cer file added. Looks like I am missing something. Please help.

My cmd prompt entry:
C:\Program Files\knime_4.1.3\plugins\org.knime.binary.jre.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.202-b08\jre\bin>keytool -import -alias myprivateroot -keystore …\lib\security\cacerts -file C:\UserData\diwan00m\Documents\tableauhopsec_04_2022.cer

Outcome:
Trust this certificate? [no]: yes
Certificate was added to keystore
keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ?\lib\security\cacerts (The system cannot find the path specified)

Hi, I would have two suggestions

• Replace the …\ with the full path name and check that the file actually exists in the the security folder
  • Make sure that you are running the command prompt as admin to allow to change files in that folder

Thanks. I was able to resolve the issue due to your hints.
Additional links that helped are below.
SSL certificate download:

Importing certificate to trust store to the Java Runtime Keytool (knime\plugins\org.knime.binary.jre.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.202-b08\jre\bin directory)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.