Setting up token value through FlowVariable in DBFS node

Hi Team,

I am using databricks file system node to read the file from DBFS location, I had set up the authentication method as Token

Instead of hardcoding the token value, I would like to setup the token value through flowVaribales.

And setted up xtoken value with flow variable of token. When i click on “OK” button, I get a Prompt of Missing “Token”.

Can someone please suggest me on how to pass the token of databricks as FlowVariable?

Hi @mathi,

I guess the configuration dialog just needs some dummy value as token to validate the settings. During execution it should still pick up the flow variable value as token.

1 Like

Hi @Marten_Pfannenschmidt,

Thanks for your response.

I tried to put some dummy value in configuration dialogue and during execution it is not taking the value from FlowVariable(xtoken).

Hi @mathi,

can you try to use Workflow credentials instead? Simply use “token” as username and your token as password.

1 Like

Hi @sascha.wolke,

In this case Workflow credentials are not enabled :neutral_face:

Changed the Authentication from User to Token and Vice versa, but Workflow credentials are not enabled.

Hi @mathi,

add a credentials variable, connect it to the node and the workflow credentials box will be enabled :slight_smile: You can use e.g. the Credentials Configuration Node.

2 Likes

@sascha.wolke Thanks for your suggestion, It worked :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.