Shared component: "Input table has changed"

Hello,

I want to use a shared component on two slightly differing datasets. The component includes a Sorter node which seems to be primed by that one of the datasets which was used at the time of creating the link. When the other dataset is fed into the component instead, the Sorter node fails with :“The input table has changed. Some columns are missing.”. The variable the component refers to is not used for sorting and therefore the failure seems unnecessary. Can I somehow make the node more tolerant to changes in the data?

Hello @pzkor,

are you saying that column(s) that are missing are not configured in Sorter node? Are you using flow variables to control Sorter node? Which KNIME version are you using?

Br,
Ivan

Hi, @ipazin. Yes missing column is not specified as a sorting column. I am not using flow variables to sort. The data comes to the node straight from a database (DB Reader Node). I am using KNIME 4.2.1.

Actually, I am just simply going to use DB Sorter. Should be faster too. I don’t know why I didn’t think this before.

1 Like

Hello @pzkor,

agree with you about using DB Sorter before reading data into KNIME. Should be faster. Anyways I tried changing the input table to Sorter node which is inside Component and got “The input table has changed. Some columns are missing:” only in case a missing column is one used for sorting.

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.