Show message/ help text to user on knime server

Hi,
When someone sees my workflow on knime server, I want to show them some help text, or guidelines that would help them understand the process. Is there a way we can show statuc message on the knime server?

Hi @sujitnath84,

you can always add a workflow description (by clicking a blank spot in the workflow canvas, then hit the pen in the upper right corner of the description view) which will be shown in the WebPortal:
KNIME AP: image
WebPortal (in the List):

WebPortal (when clicked): image

If you want to add descriptive text in the WebPortal, e.g. on each page of your DataApp, I’d recommend the Text Output Widget, where you can add plain or HTML-formatted text.

If you meant the documentation of the workflow itself, I’d recommend e.g. workflow annotations (again, right click at a blank spot → New Workflow Annotation).

Best,
Lukas

2 Likes

Does the workflow description support Markdown or maybe HTML? I read about some preview functionality called KNIME Server Workflow Hub. But that looks like an admin page (no option to run the workflow) rather than for users. The objective with the description is to provide some guidance or details about the workflow for end users or people who might be running the workflow, just like the README.md in GitHub.

Hi @Phoenix_Warrior,

welcome to the community and sorry for the late reply! Unfortunately, the preview functionality you linked is rather outdated, but starting with the Analytics Platform 5.0, you now have better possibilities to document a workflow with node labels and formatted annotations – check it out here.

Best regards,
Lukas