Show Number of records on connections

I think it would be a huge help to be able to optionally show the number of records on each connection line as soon as the output is complete. This would help us, at a glance, be able to see if we are losing records, gaining duplicate records, etc, without having to notate everything ourselves.

i.e., if I have 20,000 records when I start, I apply 3 joins and expect to still have 20k at the end, this would help me catch issues very quickly. As it stands, I end up notating the results for each node to make sure I’m getting what I expect.

Note that I stumbled on the blog related to the Streaming Execution Beta - (which is very cool looking!). THIS FEATURE IS ACTUALLY IMPLEMENTED THERE!! It looks great, and I would love to see that incorporated into the main user interface so we can utilize it even when not Streaming!

3 Likes

Hi @scottb , that feature would be nice indeed!

Hello @scottb and @bruno29a,

have noted your request to existing ticket. (Internal Reference: AP-15452) In the meantine maybe Node Monitor can help? It shows table dimensions for Output Table view.

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Node monitor is great, as well as the hover text over the output ports (which is what I usually use when I’m going through this exercise). These of course require node by node action to see the counts, so hence the feature request. Thanks for logging this!!

1 Like

Thanks @ipazin - This part is just so I can have 20 characters :smiley:

1 Like