similar node to tMap

Hi there,

I’m wondering if there’s a feature similar to the tMap component from the talend open studio.
It really is a great feature to map an input table to an output table but doing it with any-kind of scripting before mapping it to an newly defined output table.
Further keywords are:
data multiplexing and demultiplexing,
data transformation on any type of fields,
fields concatenation and interchange,
field filtering using constraints,
data rejecting.
description of the tmap component

Hi @VK101 and welcome to the forum.

I’m not very familiar with Talend, but based on what you’ve linked, there are several different nodes in KNIME that perform many of the same features. Some of them include:

String Manipulation
Concatenate
Row Filter (and its corresponding KNIME Labs counterpart)
Column Filter
Duplicate Row Filter

as well as several of the nodes in the KNIME Database Extension.

If you have a specific use case in mind, post some sample data and let’s talk about it! There are lots of folks on the forum that will help you get started on building a workflow if you’re having trouble with where to begin.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. The benefit from the talend Component is that it has a great interface to perform a mapping between two tables and you have a nice overview.
I was just wondering if there’s some node which has the same integrated view of the mapping.

Currently I don’t believe so. I have no doubt you could get where you need to go with KNIME nodes, but there’s not a one-size-fits-all node with an integrated interface for this type of processing (yet).

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.