[SOLVED] Adding Time Spans

Hey There!

I have a small problem. I have a Time series with Start times and durations and want to calculate the end times.

It looks somewhat like this:

Start Time                    | Duration

26.05.2007 13:15:00 | 03:30:00

27.05.2007 18:00:00 | 15:00:00

dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss | hh:mm:ss

The resulting column should look like this:

End time

26.05.2007 16:45:00 |

28.05.2007 09:00:00 |

dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss |

I know that a java solution is possible, but I can't write java and would prefer a solution without it, if possible.

I found  the "Time difference" node, but with it you can only calculate a difference, there seems to be no option for adding and the resulting time is not seperated in years, months, days, hours, minutes and seconds any more, you can only choose for one granularity. The result is then something like 1 040 428 800 Minutes.

I'd also be happy about two seperate nodes, one for calculating time additions  and one for changing it to the original [dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss] format.

Thanks a lot, Best wishes, Sabi

Hi Sabi,

how urgent is this?

We are currently not supporting durations. However, we will with the next Release in 3 weeks.

For the time being, the opposite of the time difference node is the date time shift node.

Hope this helps :-)

Cheers, Iris 

Thanks a lot, that's what I was looking for.

Just one more question: The Date/Time shift node only works with integers, right? if I have a Time/Date value I have to convert it first. It's ok for days, but if you have hours and minutes it would be cool if one could just add them in the HH:mm:ss format.

Best wishes, Sabrina