Sort values in nominal row filter widget node

Hi all,

I set up a workflow with multiple nominal row filter widgets where I want the user to be able to filter the data. Problem for me is just that the values that the user can choose between are not sorted and I cannot seem to find a way to do that (see attached screenshot). I tried quite a lot, from sorting the values before connecting to the widget with the sorter node to connecting to the widget via variables - nothing works.

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Tim

Hello @tstolle94,

believe value order is taken from column metadata (check Spec tab of table output) so after sorting you need to use Domain Calculator node to get desired result. Welcome to Community!

Br,
Ivan

6 Likes

Hi @ipazin,

thanks for that, already gave me an idea where the problem is located. Actually the Edit Nominal Domain node is probably exactly what I am looking for as I can sort the respective columns (I do not only have one nominal row filter widget where I need to adjust the sorting) and it apparently is supposed to edit the table spec as well in the same node. It is just weird that when you look at my component and the three nominal row filter widgets that only the last one is actually adjusted in the table spec according to what I entered in the Edit Nominal Domain node, the other two still have the same sorting as before?!
Unbenannt1

Hello @tstolle94,

Haven’t used it so not sure but seems to me if you are defining your own sorting makes sense. However make sure it reacts to value change properly.

Not sure what is the case here. If you can share you workflow/component I might take a look.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Worked now, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.