Special sign doesn't always appears

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my flow: sometimes it works without any problemes (the special signs are replaced) sometimes not (the special signs are replaced with a "?"

Where does it come from? How can I solve it?

Cheers, 

Matt

(any suggestions for simplifying the flow is welcome (their are more than 20k such data to analyse...)

Matt,

which version of KNIME are you using? Is it the latest one?

Cheers,
Marco.

Hi Marco,

I'm using the Version 3.2.1

I am getting a wierd error trying to import your workflow. It is also strange that comes as a ZIP file while you are using the latest version. Looking to the manifest inside it seems created by version 3.1. I wonder if your problems may be linked to a KNIME upgrade which didn't fully succeed. Did you try already with a fresh install?

Cheeers,
Marco.

Thanks for your answer. I installed Knime for the first time on 9.11.2016, I think it was already this version. But I can imagine, that my partner, which solved me a problem is using an older version. What would you propose to do? 

Concerning the ZIP: I created myself, it's easier to handle with. The file must be extracted before beeing installed in Knime

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

It would be easier if you would just export the workflow in the standard way. Anyway I managed to get it in.

The workflow you shared doesn't exhibit any strange behavior on my side, at least not with the provided XML test chunk. I believe the wierd outcome could be data driven (missing fields or different than expected XML schema). That may explain why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Also, by using the latest XPath node instead of the old deprecated one you will be able to perform multiple XML queries/extractions at once, simplifying your workflow.

If you could provide some data that appears to cause the issue I could give it a look. There is not much to troubleshoot on at the moment.

Cheers,
Marco.

Good morning Marco,

Thanks for your answer. As you described, I shorted the XPath, which take now less time: thanks for your advice!

The problem stood the same: with the same data and the same flow, I get two different versions. (sometime it appears é,è, ö,ä,ü etc. sometimes? (see below the data I got)

Is it a known problem or shall I do something somehow else?

Cheers,

Matt

maybe following topic is an explanation therefore

https://tech.knime.org/forum/knime-developers/clean-non-ascii-characters-from-strings-or-columns-to-be-converted-in-xml

but it's a quiet old one. Has been solved?

Anybody could help? :)