split column string values in Database section

Hello, I’m new to Knime and I’m trying to manipulate MySql database tables. In particular, I want to create a new column with some data of an existing one; the existing column has string values separated by a comma, like:
{ann,annMan}
{val1,val2}

I would like a column like this:
{ann}
{annMan}
{val1}
{val2}

I tried to link the nodes of the module “split & combine” (in Manipulation section) with the nodes of “Database” section, but it doesn’t work (the link is not possible). Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance.

If I understand correctly, then you need to read the database connection (the red square ports) to a KNIME table using the Database Reader node, or if you have a database connection with the brown square ports, then using the Database Connection Table Reader node. Then you can use the splitting/combining nodes in KNIME. (For your example, I think you need to use a Column Splitter, selecting to return the output as a List, and then an Ungroup node)

Steve

Thank you for your answer Steve,
I didn’t know that it needed “Database Connection Table Reader” node after the “Database Table Connector”. Now, it work perfectly with “Cell Splitter” node.

Thank you!
Marcella

1 Like

Thank you for your answer Steve,
I didn’t know that it needed “Database Connection Table Reader” node after the “Database Table Connector”. Now, it work perfectly with “Cell Splitter” node.

Thank you!
Marcella