SQL Server Connector not working with Official driver and Native Authentication

I can see some peripherally related posts on this issue but none that replicate my exact issue. I am using KNIME 4.4.

The issue is this: -

I can connect to a Microsoft SQL Server database with the jTDS Driver, but not if I use the official extension (Official Driver). If I use the official driver then I get the following error.

Execute failed: Login failed for user ‘’. ClientConnectionId:

Note that I can log in with the Official driver if I use SQL Server credentials. But my client would like me to use native authentication.

I really need to use the official driver as well because some nodes require this for them to work effectively (or at all in the case of DB Loader).

Is there some other config I need to change to make native authentication work for Official Driver? I am on a Windows VM Server (2019).

Many thanks!

Hello @stratlytic,

couple of questions:

• KNIME Analytics Platform runs on a Windows machine?
  • you are logged in a Windows domain that is accepted by the Microsoft SQL Server you are connecting to?
  • did you add integratedSecurity parameter with value true on JDBC Parameters tab?
  • are you using official driver that can be installed from KNIME (version 7.2 think) or you registered your own driver?

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi ipazin

Answers below: -

• KNIME Analytics Platform runs on a Windows machine? Yes
  • you are logged in a Windows domain that is accepted by the Microsoft SQL Server you are connecting to? Yes
  • did you add integratedSecurity parameter with value true on JDBC Parameters tab? No - this Fixed the issue, thanks. Did I miss this in some documentation somewhere?
  • are you using official driver that can be installed from KNIME (version 7.2 think) or you registered your own driver? The Official Driver that comes with the Extension

Marking your answer as the solution thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @stratlytic,

glad to hear that fixed it. Believe you missed it as it’s described under this section of Database Guide. Look for Connecting to Microsoft SQL Server paragraph.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.