Statistics from string cells

2 Questions.

1. Is there a way to get statistical values from non integer cells, string cells in my case.
  2. What could be the reason that Single sample t-test outputs 0 ?

adult.data.xlsx (821.6 KB)
Question.knwf (45.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Zaza,

To get a statistical understanding of nominal columns, please check the Data Explorer node (Nominal tab, once executed).

I downloaded your workflow and executed it here. I noticed is that you’re using the Single sample t-test node for ‘age’, which does not have a continuous domain. This type of test is designed for continuous distributions – but this is a technical detail and probably not the reason why you’re getting a p-value of zero here. More likely, the problem is that ‘age’ is not normally distributed, and this might be affecting your result. This type of statistical test is designed for distributions that are close to normal. If you want to further test this, try artificially modifying your age distribution to something closer to a Gaussian one, and then see what happens. If you still get problems, please tag me here and I’ll be happy to look into it more.

Cheers,
Aline

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.