String Manipulator error: Unable to compile expression

Hi,

I have seen this behavior now for quite some time (also before 2.10), also on different computers, and I wonder what goes wrong here....

- String Manipulator sets to "red" and states:

WARN      String Manipulation                Unable to compile expression 

...and lists some java lines that cannot be resolved

- now, saving the workflow in that status and restarting KNIME, will lead to "yellow" state, and node can be executed normally.

- sometimes this happens to be while being in the dialog, then I get complains and I cannot "OK" without unchecking "syntax check on close". Save, restart KNIME, and node executes without complains

- it has nothing to do with the expression/configuration itself, because a copy/pasted (executed) node and connecting to the same previous node will also give this error. 

- to me it looks like these errors occure when I had a workflow open for some time (few days) without restarting KNIME

- I think I have seen same behaviour on e.g. Java snippet node, too (means compiler error is probably related)

I attached here the complete error message and some parts of the KNIME.log that hopefully helps to sort out the problem. 

Cheers,

Martin

Do you have a background process that cleans up for temporary directory? Some files are stored there until KNIME is closed and if they are removed in  between, then such errors can occur.

Hi,

not that I know of. I also talked to our computer department and they said there is no background process cleaning temp files.

Cheers,

Martin