String to Date&Time with Timezone Description

Hi lovely all,

I’m trying to convert a string to datetime; after several attempts, it’s quite close but still gives me an error.

The original column has string values following the format 28-02-2019 20:22:37 AEDT, and I tried to convert it directly by selecting Date&Time with zone from the New type drop down; however, it gave me an error: Execute failed: Failed to parse date in row 'File0-Row5: Text ‘’ could not be parsed at index 0

File0-Row5 is my first row and the value is 28-02-2019 20:22:37 AEDT and I have double checked the value, it should not have any leading spaces.

Also, what I actually try to get is a Date&Time column rather then Date&Time with zone, but it seems that I’m not able to select Date&Time from the drop down due to the actual values detected. I know it’s possible to use String Manipulation to remove timezone description before converting, just wondering if there’s a way to achieve this directly using String to Date&Time.

Thanks and regards,
Olivia

Try

It could work better for your case.

1 Like

Hi @izaychik63,

It works perfectly, and just use Legacy Date&Time to Date&Time before further manipulation.

Thanks!
Olivia

Hi there!

You need to convert both opened_at and resolved_u columns? If not maybe that is the reason node wasn’t able to parse at index 0.

For droping time zone there is Modify Time Zone node that should do the trick :wink:

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,

Yes, I’m converting both two columns, and the node String to Date&Time (legacy) works good for me but not the default String to Date&Time.

Thanks for the trick! currently I’m just adding hours to show datetime in local time zone correctly.

Olivia

1 Like

Hi @oliviaS!

I see. In that case both colums should have the same date format. If you can you can share a subset of data here so I can check if this is a configuration issue or a format issue :wink:

Br,
Ivan