Tableau send to Server error 2:31

Hi there,

Just discovered Knime. It’s an awesome tool! I sucessfully used the Tableau writer TDE function but I’m having issues publishing to the server. I get this error below

ERROR Send to Tableau Server 2:31 Execute failed: A requested feature, protocol or option was not found built-in in this libcurl due to a build-time decision.

I have done all the steps. Installed the SDK, set environment labels, set path in knime, installed Microsoft Visual Basic 2013 Redistributables. Only works on TDE write but not publish to server. Can someone help please?

Many thanks.

I’m speculating here, but it possible that the server you are using expects files in .hyper format? Perhaps that is the problem, since the current Tableau nodes don’t yet support that format.

There is good news though - we are actively reworking the Tableau integration to support .hyper, and this functionality should be available soon.

In the meantime, maybe the work around is to write the TDE files, and import them manually into Tableau? If you are still running into errors in that case, please post them so we can investigate further. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you Scott for the information.
Do you know if the Hyper format will be in the Tableau Writer and on the send to Tableau server node as well?

Thanks

Yes it will. In fact, we will introduce two new nodes specifically for the Hyper format in the 3.7 release. The existing Tableau nodes for handling TDE files will still be there if you need them. :slight_smile:

Awesome, can’t wait to check out the 3.7 and all great nodes.
Thank you Scott, see you at the Summit in March normally.