Tag Cloud dialog can't be opened

Tag Cloud dialog will not open and I get this notice: “the dialog cannot be opened for the following reason no column in spec compatible to “Term Value”.”

The flow previous to this is text preprocessing, Topic Extractor, and Color Manager.

Color Manager output looks like this:
ColorManager

Another error says the input does not have a column compatible with TermValue.

How can I properly configure this to get a tag cloud output?

Hello @DarkMoon,

you need proper column type to be available in your table. Check this example from KNIME Hub:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks @ipazin. Is there a detailed reference on what input is needed for Tag Cloud (or any other nodes) to work? The in-line descriptions are not very detailed. My source documents and preproceesing are different than NYT example so my columns, of course, are different. Is there documentation that tells me solve for X column with Y characteristics?

Hello @DarkMoon,

I have shared above example just as a reference plus it also features both Tag Cloud nodes. Regarding detailed reference - there is node description which seems pretty detailed and understandable to me and I’m far from average text processing user. Diving deeper into shared example seems Bag Of Words Creator node creates Term column type which is needed for Tag Cloud node. Note difference between two Tag Cloud nodes regarding input columns. One from JavaScript Views supports both String and Term column types while one from text processing extension supports only Term column.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.