Timing Workflows

Is there a good method to time workflows (or parts of workflows), recording timings to Knime tables?

Cheers,

Steve.

We (i.e. Vernalis) have some internal unreleased nodes which will do this.

They are a loop start/end pair allowing for the loop to be run 1 or more times and the timings of each iteration go to a knime table.  Also the total/average/best/worst times go to flow variables at the loop end, and the last iteration input table(s) is/are passed through as outputs.

Does that sound like the sort of thing you are looking for?

If so, I will see if we can get them released

Steve

That sounds like something that I would be interested in too, and I bet many others as well.

Have been doing timings crudely with a stop-watch app until now, not nice.

It is logged in our system already, I will give it two votes by the two of you

However, I like using the date/time nodes for the job. I will attach you the workflow.

Best, Iris

Thanks,

I will try the method used by Iris, but will also look forward to seing the Vernalis nodes once they're released.

Cheers,

Steve.

The Vernalis nodes have just been added to our nightly build.  See https://tech.knime.org/book/vernalis-cheminformatics-nodes#testing for some details.  I will be updating the stable versions in the next few days.

At the moment, they only handle standard data tables (and flow variables via the invisible 'Mickey Mouse' 'ears') - if you need a different port type, then please let us know.

Yours,

Steve

The nodes are now also available in the stable builds of the Vernalis plugin.

Steve

Vernalis benchmarking nodes - very handy, work exactly as expend.

Cheers,

Steve.