transfer data based on name and iteration

Hi,

I have a few groups (by column “Iteration”) of data, each group is normalized from 100 to 0. Some rows are common by column “Name” in different groups, and I want to transfer the data as many as possible in one single group so they are comparable.

INPUT:
Name Data Iteration
A 100 1
B 80 1
C 50 2
B 100 2
D 30 3
C 20 3
E 100 4
F 85 4

OUTPUT:
A 100
B 80
C 40
D 60

Hi @anguslou ,

Can you rephrase your question, as I’m having some difficulties understanding what your specific goals are. What do you mean by transferring data - from where to where, what kind of data etc. (Or is the term ‘manipulation/transformation’ the one you’re meant to say?)

Also, can you explain how the input becomes the output as you showed above? (i.e. What’s the logic behind it?)

Thanks.

2 Likes

The rows are only comparable in the same iteration but some Names are common in other iterations. For example, B is 100 in iteration 2 and C is 50 which means C is 50% of B, while B is 8:10 vs A in iteration 1, so if A = 100, B = 80 and C = 40… and so on, I try to find out the Names’ comparable values among different iterations.

Apologies @anguslou I’m not able to grasp what you’re trying to say, still. I just can’t see the pattern of the data in order to reproduce the output. I’ll pass this one to others who might be able to.

cc: @elsamuel / @mlauber71

Hope you found the solution. Cheers!

If you extract the ratios could you then multiply each with that?
br

Can I scale them to 0 - 100?

Actually, it is a case of Google Trends, as Google Trends is limited to 5 keywords every search, and these 5 items are normalized to 0 - 100. If I want to search for multiple (like hundreds) keywords and make them comparable, I need to rescale them through the common keywords from different searching.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.