Twitter Search

Hello my twitter search node is not returning language information. Instead it’s returning red question marks. Can you please help me?

Hi @watos and welcome to the forum.

It’s likely that something has changed on Twitter’s side since this node was last updated. I pulled a sample of 5000 tweets to check, and from what I can tell several fields come back with only the red question mark (which indicates a missing value in KNIME) - not only language, but latitude, longitude, country, and time zone as well.

Sorry for the trouble. I’ll file a ticket about this and see if we can get it fixed.

(EDIT: Internal reference AP-17713)

2 Likes

Is it possible to collect older tweets with the Twitter Search node, since Twitter API v2 allows academic users to access twitter search from 2006 and not only the last 7 days?

Hello @Huseyin,

are you an academic user? If so have you tried doing search with Twitter Search node? Can’t say for sure but hopefully node is developed in a way so it takes twitter account type into consideration and doesn’t limit results to 7 days.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Currently, I don’t have access to academic user, but waiting for approval. I will give feedback when I have access to the academic user.

1 Like

Hi @ipazin,

now that I have access to the Academic user, I tried retrieving new tweets, but got the same results of only getting 1070 tweets not older than 7 days. I connected with the new API Keys and Access tokens from my academic user.

How can I specify my search? My topic of interest is about the Afghanistan Crisis, so should I write something like this: Query: #AfghanistanCrisis OR #AfghanistanDisaster from:2021-08-15 until:2021-11-04 lang:en

Hello @Huseyin,

unfortunately, according to following topic, getting tweets older than 7 days is not possible:

There is an existing ticket (Internal reference: AP-16657) and have given +1 there for you. In case of any news someone will update this topic to notify you.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hello, is there any update regarding this topic?

Hi @Huseyin - not yet. It will likely take some time since this is something the development team will need to prioritize and consider in more detail.

2 Likes