Two problems with the XLS Sheet Appender node

Hello everybody,

I am using the XLS Sheet Appender node to add an image (PNG) to an existing XLSX file. In doing so, I run into two problems:

First, the image looks like garbage due to its display format (please see the attached screenshot). Is it possible to save the image into the XLSX file and have it displayed with 100% x- and y-dimensions?

Second, when re-executing the node, it fails with the following error message:

ERROR     XLS Sheet Appender                 Execute failed: org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: A part with the name '/xl/media/image1.png' already exists : Packages shall not contain equivalent part names and package implementers shall neither create nor recognize packages with equivalent part names. [M1.12]

The only solution is to manually delete the sheet containing the image before re-executing the node. You will agree that this goes against the idea of KNIME.

Best,
Marc

Hi Marc, 

I can easily reproduce the 2nd error, I have logged a bug for that issue.  Thanks fo rthe report. 

As for the first issue, it works nicely for me.  Would it be possible to get an example workflow demonstrating the problem?  There must be some small difference in our setups. 

Regards,

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

it seems to be an issue with the XLSX file format. Please see the attached workflow and files which will demonstrate what I mean.

Best,
Marc

Btw, please allow us to upload XLSX files to this forum (only XLS is allowed at the moment)!

Hi Marc, 

Thanks for the workflow, I was able to reproduce the image scaling problem also.  I've opened a bug and added the option to upload xlsx files as attachemnts. 

Best regards,

Aaron