type cast - another question

Hi Bernd (or anybody else),

I have another question concerning the issue with the type cast (see here: http://tech.knime.org/forum/knime-users/bug-in-rename-node#comment-25159)

I've implemented the column type test as you suggested and now the column (which is a 'double' casted to 'int' with the 'rename column'-node) is available in the configuration. But when I try to execute the node, I get this error:

Execute failed: Could not cast attribute testcolumn (null) to double. Use the String2Number node to convert the type

I've changed this test for a lot of cases and now I'm afraid that nothing will work anymore...

Antje

Where exactly does this error message come from?

I get this error message when I try to get the values from this column. Like this:

for (DataRow row : rows) {
     Double val = (Double)readout.getValue(row);

}

My column is defined like this:

• readout = {de.mpicbg.tds.knime.knutils.InputTableAttribute@217}"testcolumn (null)"
    • columnSpec = {org.knime.core.data.DataColumnSpec@334}"name=testcolumn,type=Non-Native [interface org.knime.core.data.DoubleValue, interface org.knime.core.data.IntValue, interface org.knime.core.data.DataValue, interface org.knime.core.data.LongValue, interface org.knime.core.data.ComplexNumberValue, interf...
    • columnIndex = {java.lang.Integer@335}"1"
    • attributeName = {java.lang.String@337}"testcolumn"
    • attributeType = {org.knime.core.data.DataType@338}"Non-Native [interface org.knime.core.data.DoubleValue, interface org.knime.core.data.IntValue, interface org.knime.core.data.DataValue, interface org.knime.core.data.LongValue, interface org.knime.core.data.ComplexNumberValue, interface org.knime.core.da...